Avoid the Spread of Germs
There are no translations available.
Germs are everywhere. While people with PCD are at a greater risk of infection, there are ways to lessen the risk:
- Maintain good hygiene and infection control principles
- Limit contact with known germ sources as much as possible
- Become a hand-washing expert. Be sure to scrub, scrub and scrub some more with soap and water or alcohol-based hand gels
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue
- Get routine and specific immunizations: DPT, MMR, Prevnar, HiB, Pneumococcal vaccine, yearly influenza vaccine
- For information about where to get a flu shot, contact your doctor or use the American Lung Association's Flu Clinic Locator to find the closest flu clinic near you.
- For children, consider using a small size daycare to limit exposure