PCD at School
PDF Print E-mail

One of the most important things you can do to help your child with PCD get the most from school is to educate his/her teacher about the disorder. Here is a sample letter you can use with your child’s teachers and other school officials.  Feel free to adapt for your personal use.

In addition to making sure school personnel are familiar with PCD, there are two primary educational plans that may be useful for children with PCD: 504 and IEP (Individualized Education Plan).  These are both federal programs. Click on the links below to get detailed information on each plan.  Individual states or schools may offer additional services, as well.

This information is provided for general purposes. It is very important to work with school officials to determine what services are most appropriate for your child.

What is a 504 Plan?

What is an IEP?

What's the difference between a 504 and an IEP?



*Scholarship Opportunities:




*Clicking on provided third party links, navigates away from the PCD Foundation website. These links are provided as a courtesy.  The PCDF is not responsible for the content or operation of any such website.